California DUI Attorneys - California DUI Lawyers - California Drunk Driving Attorneys
1O DAY WARNING!!!
YOU MUST FILE A CHALLENGE TO YOUR CALIFORNIA DUI WITHIN 10 DAYS OF ARREST, OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LICENSE WITHOUT A HEARING. CONTACT A CALIFORNIA DUI ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY!!
CALL 1-800-DIAL-DUI to be connected to an attorney near you!
FOUR WAYS TO LOCATE A TOP CALIFORNIA DUI ATTORNEY
1. Clicking on an area code will show the Top California DUI Attorneys in that area code.
3. OR Call 1-800-DIAL-DUI and enter the area code for the City below nearest where you were arrested;
4. OR Click ON THE 'ASK A QUESTION' BUTTON' BELOW AND AN ATTORNEY WILL RESPOND IMMEDIATELY
Los Angeles California DUI Lawyer
San Bernardino County DUI Lawyers Attorney
THE PUNISHMENT CALIFORNIA DUI DRUNK DRIVING LAWS CAN BE SEVERE
The penalties and consequences for being convicted for California DUI Drunk Driving can be very severe, even for first time offenders. That's why you need a California DUI Lawyer to help you avoid the following possible consequences:
The sentence for a first time California DUI with a blood alcohol level under .20 can include:
- Suspension of driver’s license
- Six months in the county jail
- Fines and assessments of $ 1,000—3,000
- Possible loss of employment
- Dramatic increase in auto insurance premiums
- Enrollment in an alcohol education program
- Probation for three to five years
- Costs of having to purchase an ignition interlock device if ordered by a Judge
- Being potentially prevented from being employed in certain occupations such as teaching, police officer, attorney, and many government jobs.
- Having a criminal record which can interfere with future employment and security clearances
If you have had a prior DUI offense, a blood alcohol level above .20, or bodily injury or property damage was also involved, the penalties can escalate considerably.
NOTE: A request for a California DMV hearing must be made within ten days of the arrest to avoid an automatic license suspension.
SHOULD I REPRESENT MYSELF, USE THE PUBLIC DEFENDER, OR HIRE AN ATTORNEY?
People accused of driving under the influence have three possible choices:
1. REPRESENT YOURSELF
You will have to show up to Court yourself and deal with the legal process on your own. Since you do not know the law and have no experience dealing with the District Attorney, you will be at a big disadvantage. You may have valid defenses that could make a major difference in your case. However, the District Attorney is not going to help you and you will never know if you had any good defenses to avoid or reduce the severe punishment that even a first time DUI can bring.
2. USE THE PUBLIC DEFENDER
Public defenders play a valuable role in our criminal justice system. However, to be able to use the public defender, you have to show that you qualify for their services. Generally, only people with very low income and few assets will qualify to have the public defender represent them. Also, public defenders handle 35-50 cases per day, so it is very difficult for them to investigate your case and give you the attention you need. Because of the heavy caseload, there is an incentive for the public defender to plead you guilty and move on to their next case. Also, a public defender cannot represent you at a DMV hearing.
3. HIRE a California DUI Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
California Drunk driving defense is a complex and highly technical area of criminal law. California DUI defense requires knowledge of medicine, scientific evidence, sobriety testing, and California police DUI procedures.
A good California drunk driving defense attorney can combine knowledge of criminal law, the rights under the U.S. Constitution, and the technical, scientific and medical issues unique to DUI cases in order to mount an aggressive defense on your behalf to prevent or minimize the very dire consequences of a DUI conviction.
California DUI cases are not always a "slam dunk" for the District Attorney. The police make mistakes, evidence is not handled correctly, and other issues may come up. There are also various defenses in a DUI case. If you do not hire a California attorney, you will never know if you had any possible way to avoid or minimize the consequences of a DUI conviction.